Community Archiving Workshop – A Regional Training of Trainers: Southeast Region
This project support training and workshops for three organizations in the Southeastern United States. Organizations are trained in the basics of audiovisual preservation and in holding their own Community Archiving Workshops. The Audiovisual Heritage Center (AVHC) is a project of Metro Nashville Archives and the Nashville Public Library and serves as the hub organization for this training.
The Southeastern United States has a rich history vital to the development of American culture and heritage. It is known for its diverse craft traditions, foodway traditions, its development of musical genres including folk, blues, country; its enormous role in the history of civil rights and as a center for Native American heritage. The region contains hundreds of museums and historical societies known to contain audiovisual collections, and countless other cultural documents are likely to live in community centers and personal collections.
Readers may note that the training modules for the Training of Trainers (TOT) skip from Day 1 to Day 3. This is because Day 2 was the actual CAW workshop, in which the collection was inventoried.
CAW mentor: Kelli Hix
CAW consultant: Marie Lascu
Anchor site: The Audiovisual Heritage Center at Nashville Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, Nashville, TN
Contact: Kelli Hix, Audiovisual Archivist for the Audiovisual Conservation Center firstname.lastname@example.org
Southeast Workshop Schedule:
March 28, 2019: Community Archiving Workshop, Nashville Metro Archives, Nashville
March 27, 28, 29 2019: Full Training of Trainers / CAW Workshop, Nashville Metro Archives, Nashville
May 2019: Community Archiving Workshop, Fisk University, Nashville
August 2019: Community Archiving Workshop, Appalshop, Whitesburg KY
Southeast Documentation, Agendas, & Resources
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 1, Module 3: Homework (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 3, Module 2: Debriefing, Planning Next Steps (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 3, Module 1: Debriefing and Lessons Learned (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 1, Module 6: The What and Why of the Data Template (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 1, Module 5: Determining Scope of Work (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 1, Module 4: How to Plan A CAW (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 1, Module 2: CAW History (4/24/2021)
- CAW TOT Southeast: Day 1 Module 1, Welcome (4/24/2021)
- Footage Preserved at the Audiovisual Heritage Center through the CAW-TOT Program (4/24/2021)
- Training of Trainers Southeast Detailed Agenda, 2019 (2/22/2021)