- To increase knowledge of the basic CAW model, including its history and results
- To understand their participation in the expansion of the CAW model
- To understand the larger planning, follow-up and evaluation processes that are necessary for a successful CAW
- To understand the specific goals of this grant/project (including toolkit), how participants fit in and have impact on the TOT and CAW model
Participants watch one or more videos to illustrate typical/relevant CAWs. Could ask participants to take notes in several areas: observations about process, needed tasks, roles, collaborations.
10 min. – Large group discussion. What are your thoughts/observations about the CAW process from watching the video? What do you think would be important for a successful CAW?
25 min. 3 part presentation, putting what they saw on the video in larger context:
20 min. – Agenda review for all training stages.
Check against desires/expectations. May also want to agree on norms.
- Basic overview of purpose of CAW and what happens at a CAW
- Basic overview of history and results – inception and implementation
- Broad strokes (typical timeline) stages from beginning of planning finalizing data, conducting evaluation, and contributing to toolkit. (For this project, also timeline may go beyond this through digitization stage.)
- Videos/photo galleries/”share your CAW”
- Form to guide note-taking on video
- Sandra’s presentation on CAWs (will need additions)